YOUR BASEMENT IS THE BONUS THAT KEEPS ON GIVING
Don’t let the boxes and cold floor fool you, a basement is a room of unfilled possibilities that with a little work and direction can be transformed into something altogether more interesting. This is definitely the case when you invest in a top-quality basement remodeling service from Holiday First. The reality is that renovating or remodeling your basement is a far more environmentally friendly and cost-effective option than adding an extension to your home.
WHAT WE CHECK FOR BEFORE THE REMODELING BEGINS
- Our skilled team of remodel professionals will test for moisture in your basement by taping two-foot squares of plastic sheeting to the floor and walls. After a couple of weeks, we will check back in to see the results. If condensation forms underneath, then this is a sign that the foundation is not sealed. However, if droplets form on top, this indicates that the basement will need to be dehumidified before the work progresses.
- Following the first step, we will us an awl to probe for rot and insect damage in the floor’s joints, rim, sill plate and wood-framed windows.
- After that we will do a thorough check of the floor joists for sagging. We do this by climbing a ladder and inspecting the underside of the joists to make sure that none are out of line.
- Finally, one of our inspection specialists will test your home’s ventilation system to ensure that you are not in dangers of carbon monoxide or other dangerous chemicals.
- Once those four stages are complete, will we start the basement remodeling.